WUSA9, the TEGNA CBS affiliate in Washington, D.C. is seeking a dynamic, imaginative, and experienced co-host to temporarily join our lifestyle integration show “Great Day Washington.” The candidate must have a strong on-air presence and delivery skills. Hosting includes conducting live and taped, on-air interviews, facilitating product and cooking demonstrations, writing and producing regular client focused features and daily chat segments. Daily show prep, post show meetings, client meetings and field shoots are all required. Writing, producing, booking, and editing video for compelling and timely entertainment and lifestyle content for on-air, social and digital platforms is also required.
- Candidate must have strong content judgement
- strong writing and production skills
- excellent presentation and reporting skills
- knowledge of journalistic standards as related to on-air, digital and social presentation
- understand branding and how to connect the shows core values to content through look, tone and feel
- Must be a team player, and comfortable with the pressures of a daily live show.
- ENPS, Edius skills are preferred.
- On-air hosting experience required.
- Some booking and producing experience required.
- Ability to write and edit content for all platforms is expected.
- Ability to shoot and edit content is preferred.
- Strong social media skills required.
- College degree preferred; Broadcast or communication emphasis preferred.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday mornings and afternoons required
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
HOW TO APPLY