WMBB-TV has an opening for a Fox News Anchor. We are the Nexstar-owned ABC affiliate for the Florida Panhandle, a great news market that provides opportunities to cover a huge variety of stories. We own breaking news and are not afraid to tackle the controversial topics. It’s a great place to call home. You will be living in a beautiful beach community where hundreds of thousands of people vacation each year. You will not be shoveling snow half the year. It’s an even better place to work. Our news staff is a hardworking team that gets along well with each other. If this sounds like a job for you then you need to apply now. This job will not last long. Check out the job requirements and desired qualifications below. Hope to hear from you soon.
The Fox News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. Our Fox News is aired Monday-Friday from 9:00-10:00 PM.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in news reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar