Job Description and Responsibilities
FOX61 in Hartford, Connecticut is seeking a creative and competitive newsroom leader to be our next dayside Executive Producer. She or he will work with a team of producers, reporters, photographers, editors, and digital content producers to craft impactful content that is highly engaging and memorable. We are looking for someone who is great at managing people, controlling a changing landscape, and growing talent. If you are passionate about news and are a visionary looking beyond the norm, we want you on our award-winning team!
- Manage team to include anchors and meteorologists working on our 5p and 6p newscasts
- Work closely and collaboratively with Assistant News Director, Director of Digital Content, and Managing Editor on daily and future assignments
- Contribute to day-to-day editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all platforms
- Review and approve scripts and rundowns to ensure accuracy and quality in accordance with stations guidelines
- Lead all aspects of additional assigned special projects from inception to completion
- Assist in regular scheduling of assigned direct reports and staffing for specials
- Regularly critique newscasts with the staff, both as a team and with individual producers
5 – 7 years
- At least 5-years newsroom experience including 2-years of newsroom leadership experience as an executive producer or in another leadership role
- Prepared to produce and booth a newscast when needed or in breaking news situations or planned specials
- Ability to work flexible shifts as necessary, including holidays and rotating manager-on-call weekends
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Knowledge of AP ENPS, Edius, and content management systems a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, communications, or related field a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.