WBIR, the number one television station in Knoxville, Tennessee is seeking a creative, ambitious newsroom leader to transform our content daily. The Executive Producer will work with a team of producers, reporters, photographers and digital staff to craft impactful content that is highly engaging and memorable.
• Lead teams in the creation of unique, shareable content
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
• Work with the digital and desk teams to identify and assign content appropriately for each platform • Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling in crafting great newscasts
• Inspire enterprise stories and coordinate special coverage with news leadership team
• Oversee multiple newscasts to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met
• Train producers
• Regularly critique newscasts with the staff, both as a team and with individual producers
• Identify daily opportunities to have our news get noticed and reach new audiences
• Challenge the norm
• Help create a multi-platform experience
• Work collaboratively with other managers and perform tasks as required by News Director and Digital Director
• Set nightly plans and coverage expectations for newscasts, WBIR.com, WBIR mobile & social
• 3+ years newsroom experience
• Experience successfully leading teams
• Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, photojournalism, editing, and content management systems a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.