WTHR-TV the NBC affiliate in Indianapolis is seeking a morning show Executive Producer to oversee our talented team of producers. The perfect candidate will possess prior TV management experience, a commitment to success, and a desire to mentor and offer regular feedback to the team. Our team strives for growth, and we are seeking a leader who shares this ambition. As the Executive Producer, you will work closely with producers to create captivating shows and explore new methods of presenting content.
- Manages the daily performance of the Sunrise team
- Work closely with newscast producers on creating unique shows with strong showcasing
- Review and approve scripts and rundowns to ensure accuracy and quality
- Oversee multiple newscasts to ensure they meet our strategic goals fits our brand
- Assist in scheduling assigned direct reports
- Work collaboratively with other managers and perform tasks as required by the News Director
3 – 5 years
- At least 3-5 years of newsroom leadership experience preferred as a newsroom manager
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including holidays, mornings, evenings, and weekends on occasion as news warrants
- Experience successfully leading teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of AP ENPS, and Edius,
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism, communications, or related field a plus
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.