WTSP 10 Tampa Bay, Tampa’s CBS affiliate is looking for an outstanding leader. The role of Executive Producer will be filled by a passionate, experienced journalist who’s great at managing people and growing talent. This person will be driven to provide the very best news coverage possible across all platforms daily, making sure our content reflects the diverse communities we represent. This role is responsible for leading daily editorial conversations, serving as a leader to our field journalists, and coordinating with our desk, producers and other leaders in the newsroom daily.
This critical team member will help take our story-telling to the next level while leading the day-to-day production of editorial content across 10 Tampa Bay’s multiple platforms. In addition on focusing on the newscast, this Executive Producer will focus on coaching the reporters and multiskilled journalists on staff. Through careful coaching, this role elevates their storytelling, writing, crafting, and execution daily – to lift the entire 10 Tampa Bay platforms higher.
• Collaborate to execute long-term newsroom strategy
• Train, develop, and coach the newsroom team with a focus on mentoring content creators across all platforms to elevate writing, crafting, and storytelling
• Oversee the daily editorial process
• Oversee the on-air execution of newscasts
• Source and recruit top-notch journalists
• Participate in coordinating all aspects of coverage, from breaking news to enterprise story production and news specials.
• Ensure that news coverage meets the 10 Tampa Bay brand, company policies, industry codes, FCC rules, and station values
• Direct newsroom operations, review scripts, and manage schedules
• Work with the news director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further brand
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, related field, and/or news leadership experience
• 5 years of industry experience in the field as a multi-skilled journalist.
• Track record of quality journalism, high integrity, and ethical decision making
• Passion for growing journalists and fostering a creative and positive newsroom environment
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.