FOX61 in Hartford, Connecticut is seeking a creative and ambitious newsroom leader to help transform our 7-hour morning show. The Executive Producer will work with a team including a co-executive producer, producers, reporters, photographers and digital content producers to craft impactful content that is highly engaging and memorable. If you are a visionary that looks beyond the norm and takes risks… we want you on our award-winning team!
- Manage team of anchors, producers, reporters, meteorologists, photojournalists, digital content producers and editors
- Work closely with Co-Executive Producer, Assistant News Director, Digital Director and Managing Editor on daily and future assignments
- Contribute to editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
- Review and approve scripts and rundowns to ensure accuracy and quality in accordance with stations guidelines
- Lead all aspects of additional assigned special projects from inception to completion
- Assist in scheduling of assigned direct reports
- Regularly critique newscasts with the staff, both as a team and with individual producers
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all platforms
- Work collaboratively with other managers
- Perform other essential functions as assigned
- At least three years of newsroom leadership experience preferred as an executive producer, assistant news director or news director
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including holidays, mornings, evenings and weekends
- Experience successfully leading teams through content transformation
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Knowledge of AP ENPS, Edius and content management systems a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, communications or related field a plus
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.