WTSP 10 Tampa Bay, Tampa’s CBS affiliate is looking for an outstanding leader. The role of MSJ Executive Producer will be filled by a passionate, experienced journalist who’s great at managing people and growing talent. This person will be driven to provide the very best news coverage possible across all platforms daily, making sure our content reflects the diverse communities we represent. This role is responsible for leading daily editorial conversations, serving as a leader to our field journalists, coordinating with our desk, producers and other leaders in the newsroom daily.
This critical team member leads the day-to-day production of editorial content across 10 Tampa Bay’s multiple platforms with a specific eye toward coaching the reporters and multiskilled journalists on staff. Through careful coaching, this role elevates their storytelling, writing, crafting, and execution daily – to lift the entire 10 Tampa Bay platforms higher.
- Collaborate to execute long-term newsroom strategy
- Train, develop and coach the newsroom team with a focus on mentoring content creators across all platforms to elevate writing, crafting and storytelling
- Oversee the daily editorial process
- Oversee the on-air execution of newscasts
- Source and recruit top notch journalists
- Participate in coordinating all aspects of coverage, from breaking news to enterprise story production and news specials.
- Ensure that news coverage meets the 10 Tampa Bay brand, company policies, industry codes, FCC rules and station values
- Direct newsroom operations, review scripts and manage schedules
- Work with the news director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further brand
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, related field and/or news leadership experience
- 5 years of industry experience in the field as a multi-skilled journalist.
- Track record of quality journalism, high integrity and ethical decision making
- Passion for growing journalists and fostering a creative and positive newsroom environment
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.