About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KOLD News 13 is the CBS affiliate in Tucson and is owned by Gray Media Group, Inc. Our news department also operates and produces news for KMSB Fox 11.
Our crew of dedicated journalists serve all of Southern Arizona. The station is located near Cortaro Farms Road and I-10 in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson is the 64th largest television market in the United States. The spirit of innovation has always been with the station. KOLD became the first television station in Tucson when it started broadcasting on Jan. 13, 1953.
If you’ve never been to Tucson, let us tell you all the things you’ll love: Plentiful sunshine, natural beauty, diverse culture, active lifestyles, great food, hundreds of miles of hiking trails, breathtaking views, unforgettable sunsets, challenging biking trails, community events, accessible natural locations for all ages… it would have been quicker for us to just say you’ll love it all.
13 News is seeking an executive producer to join our team. This management position is responsible for the overall look and editorial content of a group of our newscasts and will work directly with our producing team to put these newscasts on the air successfully. They will provide leadership support and help make a large number of decisions about story assignments and coverage and will provide coaching and mentoring feedback to a shift full of employees.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Work closely with producers daily to ensure newscasts are clean, accurate, and compelling
• Coach and teach reporters, anchors, and producers to ensure newscasts are utilizing strong showcasing elements to enhance storytelling
• Communicate with technical media producers (production staff) daily to make sure newscasts are set up to succeed before they go on air
• Develop strategies and goals for newsroom employees with the input of other newsroom managers
• Work on large station projects as assigned by news director
• Work closely with other newsroom managers to make sure station initiatives are being handled properly
• Find solutions and opportunities when problems come up in the newsroom
• Tackle other projects as assigned by newsroom management
• At least 5 years of TV news producing experience
• College degree in journalism or related field
• Prior management or demonstration of leadership experience required
• Experience handling large station projects or initiatives highly preferred
• Experience working with automation highly preferre
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WBKO-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.