About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 101 television markets. Upon closing pending transaction, Gray will own television stations serving 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Wyoming News Now is the dominant news source for the both the Casper and Cheyenne-Scottsbluff markets. Wyoming News now is made up of two stations, KCWY in Casper, and KGWN in Cheyenne, Wyoming. A community along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Cheyenne is home to F.E. Warren Air Force Base, the Capital City and Cheyenne Frontier Days, the world's largest outdoor rodeo.
Wyoming News Now is looking for a newsroom leader – someone who can lead in gathering excellent visual stories, producing his/her own newscasts, and be highly involved in script writing and story assignments with reporters. The ideal candidate will be able to do these things, all while keeping digital posting top of mind.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Anchor/produce evening newscasts.
- Enterprise story ideas that matter to viewers in Cheyenne.
- Perform regular duties of a reporter – from developing story ideas to shooting, editing and going live, as well as posting on digital and social platforms.
- Be a multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media, the stations website and news app.
- Meet tight daily deadlines.
- Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news.
- Be a leader in the newsroom.
- Ability to shoot and edit video, write scripts, and effectively communicate live on-air.
- Some experience from the anchor desk.
- Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape.
- A degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Familiarity with non-linear editing, Social Media is a plus.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KGWN/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.