POSITION BASED OUT OF SACRAMENTO, CA (Onsite) – relocation assistance offered
ABC10 is seeking a full-time video editor to join our high-performing, award-winning team. This position is with our morning newscast. Strong candidates must understand how news video conveys information on-air and digital. Qualified candidates must be ready and able to create high quality content that meets newscast deadlines. You must be a self-starter who is technologically savvy as well. The ability to adhere to brand guidelines and standards is also a must.
- Creative storytelling of the highest journalistic standards
- Editing a variety of video elements including voice-overs, SOTS, packages, graphics and teases
- Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Premiere is a plus
- Coordinate incoming video feeds to record
- Must always have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material, while constantly monitoring quality control editing to scripts and producer notes
- Work closely with news producers, reporters, photojournalists, and the digital team to create the best morning show around
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- Must have experience with non-linear editing systems – preferably in a local TV news department environment
- Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web, while meeting deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including mornings, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Uphold personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving and a strong work ethic
- Interest in journalism, current events and video production
- Must be deadline-oriented, maintaining quality while staying on tight schedules
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
Budgeted Compensation Range: $43K – $53K D.O.E
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY