Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit http://www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Newscast Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
- Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions
- Observes pictures through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
- Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments
- Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast
- Switches video sources and given direction at the same time during live broadcasts
- Tests equipment to ensure proper operation
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- High school diploma
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations and production.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
WVNS TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar