Are you a strategic and tactical marketing leader who can inspire creative excellence? Are you someone who will bring demonstrated leadership, creative, digital, and strategic marketing skills to develop and execute brand-and-buzz-building, award-winning ideas across media platforms (linear, streaming, digital, etc.) to generate audience and revenue growth? Then TEGNA wants you to join the team!
You will have the opportunity to showcase your strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by serving as the station’s chief brand officer. Every day you will collaborate with other leaders while leading and inspiring a team of talented creatives to make a positive impact on the business and the local communities we serve.
- If you’re interested in learning and growing within an organization, KVUE has an amazing track-record of helping leaders achieve their career goals
- Award-winning station: ABC; Award-winning OTT platform: Premion.
- Austin, TX: Live Capital of everything!
- Achiever’s 50 Most Engaged Companies
- Best Place to Work for LBGTQ Equality (5-year recipient)
You will be able to:
- Push the boundaries of a station’s audience, revenue, and brand potential by serving as a collaborative business partner to a station’s leadership team and playing a key role in the organization’s brand strategy, and integrated marketing planning.
- Inspire creative excellence, and consistently ask “what if” to deliver 360-degree consumer and advertiser campaigns for maximum reach and impact.
- Ensure the marketing team remains a high-performing unit that is well developed and growing in their careers via training, ongoing feedback, development opportunities, regular performance appraisals, and timely conflict resolution.
- Manage creative processes including but not limited to: facilitating collaborative brainstorming, writing creative briefs and scripts, provide creative feedback and listen to the ideas of others with a sense of how any given project/potential idea may play out in the marketplace.
- Generate opportunities for audiences to connect with our content by developing annual and quarterly strategic plans, prioritizing key marketing messages, and generating breakthrough concepts and strategies.
- Play a key role in the station’s overall strategic planning and budgeting process, including development, communication, and execution.
- Develop and implement audience strategies by applying research insights, data and analytics to marketing activations including, but not limited to, marketing partnerships that promote sweeps, content partnerships, digital products, community partnerships and more.
- Identify and champion strategic, cross-department (such as news, social, corporate) and cross-business unit marketing tie-in efforts for maximum positive brand impact, marketplace visibility and revenue generation.
- Support local sales teams in generating non-traditional revenue dollars.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing or a similar field, and a minimum of 8 years of consumer marketing experience with a promotion-specific record of success especially in broadcast, cable, digital or agency (marketing/digital/advertising). Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience managing people and relationships, including delivering and receiving both positive and constructive feedback to direct reports and department heads.
- Passion and respect for local news, the First Amendment and quality journalism.
- Hands-on experience in marketing content on both linear and non-linear platforms, including utilizing and optimizing display marketing campaigns; retargeting, social media, OTT marketing, mobile marketing, etc.
- Proven track record translating broadcast designs and concepts to interactive digital and social media campaigns.
- Proven track record of developing and producing revenue-driving client campaigns.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency within a deadline-oriented fast-paced team environment and juggle multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Possess proven communication skills (interpersonal, written, and verbal) with the know how to tailor all communications to the audience for which it is intended.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and develop presentations that effectively sell a given strategy, tell a story and can persuasively sell-in ideas/media plans/budgets/strategies/off-channel spends/trade partner strategies/other tactics to all levels of station and corporate management, to advertisers and other stakeholders.
- Must understand the value of promotions placement across multiple mediums as a fundamental driver in executing the brand strategy.
- Must be comfortable working non-traditional hours to compete in breaking news situations.
- Ability to drive short-term results while holding a long-term vision.
- High professional standards, check any ego at the door, and quickly earn the respect of colleagues.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop & After Effects.
- Working knowledge of on-air, streaming, and digital promotion production techniques, and familiarity with current production and photography trends.
- Knowledge in professional HD/4K videography equipment, including DSLRs & high-end cinema cameras – creative lighting techniques, audio mixing and motion graphic design (preferred).
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & iWork: Pages, Numbers, & Keynote.