KREM 2 News is looking for a dynamic digital/TV producer to join our team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves news and working on the cutting edge of television, digital and social media. The content producer will create original content, cover breaking and developing news stories, optimize content on all digital and social platforms, and produce television that engages the community. The content producer will also manage content produced by others, including copy editing, for television and our various desktop/mobile/social outlets. KREM cross-trains all producers on television and digital producing, and this producer will work digital and television news producing shifts.
The successful candidate is innovative with strong writing skills, social media experience and solid news judgment. Qualified candidates will have some experience producing television or posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, knowledge of online CMS software, video and photo-editing skills, and the ability to work a flexible schedule. Most importantly, this person will want to grow their skills quickly at KREM, and work collaboratively in a fun, dynamic environment with a great team.
• Write and post stories to all KREM online digital/mobile/social platforms
• After training, work both digital and TV producing shifts
• Report breaking news quickly and accurately
• Pitch and produce engaging enterprise stories that spark community conversation
• Monitor developing news content through email, social media and other online news sources
• Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening
• Create original video for web and social platforms
• Perform other tasks as required by leadership team
• This position may include weekend, morning and/or evening work
Compensation Range: $45,000 – $52,000
• Educational background in journalism/media or strong internship experience
• One year experience working as a journalist preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion for journalism and fact-based reporting
• Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with a team within deadlines
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY