About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WDAM is the #1 station in the Hattiesburg-Laurel DMA. We are dominant on broadcast and digital and produce news on WDAM NBC and WDAM ABC. Hattiesburg-Laurel is market 168 and we reach viewers in eight counties (Covington, Forrest, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Marion, Perry, and Wayne). WDAM is less than a two-hour driving distance to New Orleans, Mobile, and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great station and company.
You will possess strong client interaction, organization, communication, sales, and analytical skills. The DSM is responsible for leading a team that builds strong client relationships through exceptional campaign management, optimization, performance, and client satisfaction.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to)::
– Lead the digital efforts of the sales team to meet revenue budgets.
– Build and implement digital strategies that achieve client goals.
– Work with sales team, internal departments, and corporate product team.
– Launch and train sales team on new digital strategies and products.
– Manage inventory control, rate structure, and traffic system.
– Strong knowledge of the online advertising industry, industry participants, trends, and technologies. Excellent communication and organization skills with a demonstrated history of client satisfaction.
– Highly organized and able to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment. Must have the ability to work independently and manage your time effectively.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. Strong business writing, listening, and verbal communication skills are critical. Google Analytics experience is preferred but not required.
– Two years minimum marketing or sales experience required with Digital product experience preferred.
– Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/advertising or similar field preferred but not required.
– Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.