About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAFF is Huntsville, Alabama's #1 news station. We have a dominant digital presence in North Alabama and throughout the Tennessee Valley.
Visit https://www.waff.com/ to learn more.
As the WAFF Digital News Reporter, you will develop news content for the station's digital platforms, YouTube channel and social media accounts. You will appear on camera at the 48 Now Streaming Desk while writing stories for the website, apps and social media pages. Your goal is to discover, create and distribute content within a multi-platform workflow.
You will be responsible for identifying and seizing opportunities to go live on our website, station apps and CTV devices. You will produce, present and direct from the 48 Now Streaming Desk. Additionally, you will be integral in coverage plans for major events like elections.
If you thrive on breaking news, enjoy speaking & writing and are technically inclined to multi-task while on camera, this is the role for you.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news with livestreams on multiple platforms.
– Create and maintain WAFF 48 livestream programming schedule for apps on mobile, Roku, Amazon Fire and Apple TV devices.
– Must be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable about all current events, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment. You will write for WAFF's website and social pages.
– Should be comfortable on camera at the 48 Now Streaming Desk. You will host breaking news, live-streaming events, and other stories throughout the day. You will also promote upcoming newscasts and drive urgent coverage to a streaming audience.
– Occasional holiday or weekend shifts will be required.
– Occasional appearances on broadcast television news to report or promote content.
– Train other newsroom teammates on the usage of the 48 Now Streaming Desk.
– Assist in the creation of other original content for Streaming Apps, YouTube, and social media pages.
– College Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a similarly related field
– Digital content experience including writing and video creation
– Reporting experience on digital platforms and/or on air
– Technical knowledge and understanding of various media platforms
– Innovative team player with an ability to handle a variety of responsibilities
– Must be willing to work in Huntsville, AL
– Ability to submit writing samples and video reels is a plus
– Experience in talk radio or podcasting is a plus
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.