ABC24/CW30, Tegna’s ABC and CW affiliates in Memphis, Tennessee, is searching for a Morning Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has an audience-first approach to writing, producing and distributing digital content. The person in this role will use SEO strategies, monitor digital audience trends and practice audience listening to identify and craft engaging web content and drive content decisions across the station’s digital platforms.
Successful Digital Content Producers at ABC24 are leaders in the newsroom, responsible for the audience experience on digital, social media and streaming platforms. They should take initiative in creating content around key digital audience drivers, like breaking and trending news, weather, sports, and politics, that engages and broadens our audience. And they are able to track multiple streams of communication and information, prioritize tasks and manage/produce content created by others, including copy editing, for our various digital platforms.
Qualified candidates should be strong writers, first, with the ability to write quickly and accurately. They should also have solid news judgment, critical-thinking skills, and experience producing/packaging and copy-editing content for digital platforms. A working knowledge of SEO and social media strategy as well as Content Management Systems, basic video-editing and photo-editing software is preferred.
• Write and distribute original and breaking news content
• Edit reporter stories for grammar, content and structure using AP style
• Use creative production techniques like graphics and media (viewer pictures, User Generated Content, etc.) to enhance stories
• Write in an conversational and authentic manner
• Research for facts and credibility
• Call on sources, including business owners, officials, and public information officers
• Use audience analytics, i.e., Google Data Studio, Google Trends, Crowdtangle, and Taboola Newsroom, in determining content creation
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or digital executive producer
1 – 3 years
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 1-3 years of digital news/publishing experience
• Has strong news and editorial judgment, and understands the tenets and ethics of professional journalism
• Strong knowledge of AP style and copy editing
• Experience in online CMS, photo and video-editing systems preferred
• Be well-versed in SEO best-practices
• Skills in producing engaging, audience-driven content
• Strong social media skills on platforms, including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS, Photoshop/Canva and Edius is not required but a plus
• An understanding of reading and interpreting digital metrics is a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and rapidly changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.