WTHI-TV is seeking a Digital Content Producer / Digital Journalist to join our award-winning team.
The Digital Content Producer sits on our live desk and participates in the newsgathering process. Applicants must be innovative, reader-focused and full of creativity.
WTHI-TV is a small market station (DMA 158). We’re a dominant #1 station (on-air and online) with great resources and a long tradition of success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create accurate and engaging copy with keen attention to detail
- Copy edit/rewrite news stories for online posting
- Design/implement special online sections
- Participate in video streaming efforts
- Monitor and post of relevant content utilizing social media networks
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in journalism preferred or related experience; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working Web samples and/or print pages preferred.
- Comfortable learning new software and demonstrate written mastery of the English language and the AP Style Guide
Special Skills (Preferred):
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure of strict deadlines
- Comprehension of non-linear video editing is also a huge plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply at: