KING 5, TEGNA's NBC affiliate in Seattle, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for what local news should be on digital, social and streaming platforms. This person will help lead our digital coverage, including breaking news, weather and traffic, and create content that the audience needs to know. This person will have an audience-first approach to producing and distributing KING 5 editorial content, that will reach our audience whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. They will also optimize content produced by others, requiring strong copy-editing skills. This position is full-time, hourly, non-union and reports to the Digital Executive Producer.
In this role, you will:
• Write and distribute original and breaking news content
• Edit reporter stories for grammar, AP style, and digital content best practices
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
• Write in an engaging and authentic manner
• Research for facts and credibility
• Use consumer analytics in determining content creation and distribution
Budgeted Compensation Range: $28.37 – $33.65 hourly
• 3-5 years of digital experience
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Knowledge of AP style and copy editing
• Experience with online CMS systems
• Understanding of social media strategy, on platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
• Ability to work early mornings, nights, holidays and weekends
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
• BA/BS in journalism or related field
• Experience with photo and video editing systems
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Skills in producing engaging, audience-driven content
• Knowledge of ENPS, Photoshop and Premiere a plus
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.