KFSM, the most watched station in Northwest Arkansas and the River Valley, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has an audience-first approach to writing, producing and distributing content. This role will write engaging content by utilizing SEO, monitoring digital trends and audience listening to drive decisions on all of 5NEWS platforms.
Successful Digital Content Producers at 5NEWS are leaders in the newsroom responsible for the audience experience on digital, social media and streaming platforms. They should take initiative in creating content around key digital drivers, like breaking news, weather, sports, and politics, that engages the audience.
You’ll write web articles, launch live streams, clip videos, create social graphics and work with reporters and photojournalists to have content showcased in its best form across our various platforms. There are also opportunities to create original enterprise content. Qualified candidates should have strong writing and copy-editing skills, video and social media experience and strong news judgment.
A working knowledge of online CMS, video-editing and photo-editing software is preferred. This digital producer will also manage content produced by others, including copy editing, for our various digital platforms.
- Help cover news content for KFSM's broadcast, digital and social platforms
- Report news quickly and accurately as it happens online, with an emphasis on creating the best reader experience while also winning Google Search traffic
- Post photos and other content to KTVB.COM, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Instagram Stories
- Monitor real-time analytics, such as Taboola Newsroom, to maximize reader engagement and learn what kind of stories perform well
- Efficiently scour the Internet, including TikTok, NextDoor, local Facebook groups, Reddit threads, Twitter and Crowdtangle, for viral or impactful stories our audience cares about
- Help with monitoring text messages, e-mails and adding story tips to the daily planner
- Participate in news editorial meetings, pitching ideas and working with staff to develop original and impactful journalism ideas for digital and TV.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-2 years of experience, college journalism experience counts
- Experience in photojournalism, editing and content management systems
- A deep knowledge of AP-style, grammar and punctuation
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Understanding of how to use audience analytics tools like Crowdtangle, Taboola, Google Analytics and Google Trends
- Strong social media skills on platforms to include Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Premiere and Photoshop a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Bilingual (Spanish) writing ability a plus
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.