KTHV-TV, TEGNA's CBS affiliate in Little Rock, Arkansas is looking for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for what local news should be on digital, social media and streaming platforms. This person would have an audience-first mindset to producing and distributing content that will reach our audience online.
A Digital Content Producer at THV11 are experts in SEO, masters in conversational writing, able to engage in social listening, and able to create original content to distribute on our all our different platforms.
• Produce audience first, engaging stories through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements
• Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through copy editing
• Social listening: Monitor social media and track trending stories via Taboola, CrowdTangle, Google Trends, and our other social platforms
• Urgently report news as it happens whether breaking or hyper-local events
• Draw visitors to our platforms through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website management, app management, push notifications, and application of advanced social media skills
• Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination, and social listening
• Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions
• Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native social content
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• At least 1-3 years of experience working as a digital producer preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong understanding of AP style and copy editing
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Has experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter)
• Experience working in a newsroom environment and strong news judgement
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
• Ability to handle live, breaking news, and events
• Ability to work weekends, odd hours as required
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.