About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WNDU is the “This is Home” station in Michiana and we live that brand every day. Our station has a positive, team-oriented culture that we cherish. We are located on the beautiful campus of the University of Notre Dame. WNDU is in an ideal location, close to Chicago and Indianapolis and 30 minutes from Lake Michigan. The South Bend area is a thriving destination for first-rate education, sports, arts, and entertainment. Joining the WNDU team is an opportunity to grow your career by working in a positive and energetic environment.
WNDU 16 News, the NBC affiliate Serving Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan is looking for an experienced Digital Content Manager to lead daily operations on web, mobile, social and digital programming. We're looking for an aggressive leader who will assert his or her voice across all parts of the newsroom, representing all things digital at all times. We need someone who will think big and act urgently, a leader who is comfortable with coaching. You will be a member of the news management team, work with other department managers on major station initiatives, and be a liaison with Gray Digital Media to ensure our newsroom is adopting corporate resources and best practices, and is a leader within the company and our industry.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Works with News Director and Marketing Director on strategic vision for digital department and platforms including WNDU.com, WNDU’s social media accounts and Digital channels
– Oversee and successfully expand our Digital news Desk and social media content
– Analyzes data/analytics to improve station success on all platforms
– Contributes to digital content by writing web stories daily
– Develop daily digital coverage plans and special content plans
– Administrative duties such as weekly scheduling and training new employees
– Assist in training and providing valuable feedback for the news team
– Cross departmental collaboration and willingness to work in a team environment
– Bachelor's Degree in journalism, broadcast media or related field
– Minimum three years of experience in television news
– Previous experience in digital field required
– High-level understanding of journalistic ethics
– Ability to adjust and excel while working a flexible schedule
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and you type the job title, station call letters, or click "apply now" and upload your resume, cover letter and references.
Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.