About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAFF is Huntsville, Alabama's #1 news station. We have a dominant digital presence in North Alabama and throughout the Tennessee Valley.
For over 68 years WAFF has served its 10 county DMA and is North Alabama’s most trusted source for news and weather. We cover breaking news and weather all with a heart for the community. Visit https://www.waff.com/ to learn more.
The Digital Content Manager leads the WAFF 48 Digital team and is a newsroom manager who understands good storytelling in both the digital and broadcast worlds. The DCM collaborates with station management on planning, coaching and execution.
In addition, the DCM oversees daily operations on web, mobile, social, and CTV platforms. The ideal DCM should have a vision for new systems and the ability to execute that vision in the constantly evolving world of local news. WAFF needs a leader who is comfortable with coaching.
You will work with other department managers on major station initiatives and be a liaison with Gray Digital Media to ensure our newsroom is adopting corporate resources and best practices and is a leader within the company and our industry.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
– Works with News Director, Marketing Director, and Sales Director on strategic vision for digital department and platforms including WAFF.com, WAFF’s social media pages, YouTube, and digital streaming channels
– Oversee and continuously craft a “Digital First News Strategy” including web stories, app pushes, live streams and social media content
– Analyzes data & analytics to improve station success on all platforms
– Contributes to digital content by writing web stories daily
– Develop daily digital coverage plans and special content plans
– Administrative duties such as weekly scheduling and training new employees
– Assist in training and providing valuable feedback for the news team
– Cross-departmental collaboration and willingness to work in a team environment
– Bachelor's Degree in journalism, broadcast media or related field
– Minimum three years of experience in television news
– Previous experience in digital field required
– Knowledge of AP Style required
– High-level understanding of journalistic ethics required
– Ability to adjust and excel while working a flexible schedule
– Ability to work across departments with Sales and Marketing professionals
– Leadership experience preferred
– Experience with creation of social media graphics preferred
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", we encourage you to upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.