About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KGMB (CBS), KHNL (NBC), and K5 collectively make up Hawaii News Now, the state's dominant multimedia news organization with the largest digital news footprint in the islands. The station is an award-winning station, rich with tradition and a history of earning National and Regional Murrow Awards as well as Emmy Awards and recognition of excellence. HNN's parent company is Gray TV, a leading digital media and broadcasting company. Located in beautiful Honolulu, Hawaii, Hawaii News Now also provides diverse sub-channels such as Telemundo, Antenna TV, Grit TV, This TV, Escape and Bounce TV. If you love culture, diversity, and the aloha spirit, it's all here for you.
Hawaii News Now produces more than 60 hours of local news & local programming each week utilizing multiple on-air and digital platforms. It operates 12-14 different streams simultaneously out of our Broadcast Operations Center. Our entire enterprise and all our employees are dedicated professionals committed to serving the people of Hawaii with the very best in local news and entertainment.
Hawaii News Now, (HawaiiNewsNow.com)-(KGMB/CBS)-(KHNL/NBC)-(KFVE/IND)-(KSIX/Telemundo) the state of Hawaii’s dominant digital news organization has an opening for a dynamic Digital Content Manager to be an integral part of our winning team! This person will report to the News Director and is expected to lead a high-performing team of Digital Producers responsible for guiding all aspects of our digital and streaming news content. We are seeking a strong, visionary, and accomplished leader who must be a team player with excellent leadership, written and verbal communication skills. Our candidate will be required to be forward-thinking, and highly adept at dealing with the rapidly evolving digital, steaming, and social marketplace. This person must also be able to work well with their fellow employees at all skill levels and develop strong relationships with colleagues, vendors, Gray Corporate, and all teams within our station.
This is an extraordinary career opportunity for a seasoned and experienced individual who seeks professional growth and an exciting future in the digital content industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Manage a team of digital news producers/reporters/hosts/editors
• Lead the big-picture vision and goals for our digital growth
• Generate story ideas for digital coverage
• Work with other News Managers to plan and facilitate daily news coverage and coverage of future events
• Provide daily copy edits and regular feedback to newsroom reporters, producers, and photographers regarding staff members' daily digital submissions
• Execute live stream coverage of press conferences and breaking news events
• Post stories and additional content to all digital platforms, including social media extensions
• Collaborate with the station's Sales and Marketing managers to execute sales projects, news promotions, and other digital content, as needed
• Gather, write, report, and edit news stories for all digital platforms and extensions
• Journalism degree or equivalent
• 3+ years experience in digital journalism
• Management experience
• Able to write, produce, and post news content with accuracy and urgency
• Solid understanding of digital analytics, industry trends, and social media strategy
• Understanding of current events, weather, and sports (Hawaii knowledge is a plus)
• Able to use social media outlets to engage viewers
• Strong emphasis on professional social media skills as they relate to journalism
• Must be able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with managers, co-workers, and viewers
• Solid keyboarding skills
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KHNL-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.