ABC10 in Sacramento, California. is seeking an experienced Desktop Support Tech to provide technical support. This individual will report directly to the Supervisor of Technology and Operations and be responsible for day-to-day maintenance, system integration, operation, and technical support at the main studio and other remote locations in the Sacramento area. The ideal candidate will be an experienced IT technician, natural problem solver, and excel at helping others with a positive customer service attitude.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including network servers, storage, operating systems, PCs, printers, LAN cabling, network switches, system security and virus protection.
- Provide technical support to all operational users.
- Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems, software, and associated equipment.
- Apply security patches to operating systems, appliances, and other firmware devices.
- Work closely with the technology team and corporate IT to effectively communicate the status of problems, progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues.
- Implement and manage cyber security measures according to corporate guidelines.
- Create and maintain wiring and system configuration documentation.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software, hardware, media storage, networking, television broadcasting and studio production.
- Provide other duties as assigned.
- Valid California driver’s license and good driving record.
- Self-starter and able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Must possess good communication skills, ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and can prioritize multiple projects.
- Have experience working with Windows server and Active Directory in a complex LAN/WAN environment.
- Have a good understanding of desktop operating systems, computer imaging, security patching, networking technologies, user/file permissions, scripting, and software upgrades.
- Ability to install, maintain and decommission IT based systems, associated wiring and networking equipment.
- Willing to train on IT and Broadcast systems to service all aspects of the television environment.
- Be available to work various hours and days including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand, and power tools, work on small components and perform other physical tasks.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10%
Work Environment: Moderate risk
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
HOW TO APPLY