WUSA9 TV in Washington, DC seeks a curious, creative and ambitious news producer. A producer who wants to dig into our extensive toolkit to create an energetic newscast that informs, inspires and impacts audiences in one of the top markets in the country.
Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing and innovative formats.
The ideal candidate will share innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast with near perfection, while also meeting tight deadlines.
Applicants must have major, breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise and fully understand the needs of our audience across all our platforms.
• Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep-dive content, and specialized material for the newscast.
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Work directly with management and talent to consistently build a high-quality news show
• Use social listening research, discover and distribute content
• Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
• Enterprise news stories
• Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience producing/line producing for newscasts
• Understanding of the tenets of journalism
• Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content.
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
• Experience handling live, breaking news situations and changing events.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.