About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBRC is the number one station in Central Alabama. We produce award-winning news. We also have a dominant digital presence, using WBRC.com, the WBRC News app, the WBRC Weather app, and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience..
WBRC FOX6 News is in search of a bold, creative producer with exceptional videography / lighting / editing / motion graphics skills who is ready to join the market's #1 station and award-winning Creative Services Department. If you're a self-starter and visual storyteller with a creative mind who can bring great ideas to life, this is the job for you! We're looking for the ultimate content creator who can write, shoot, design, and edit content for broadcast, social media, and streaming platforms. If you're highly motivated, team-oriented, and have a positive can-do attitude with a willingness to learn new skills, we'd love to hear from you!
Duties/Responsible include (but not limited to) the following:
* Develop and execute creative brand concepts for all media platforms; on-air, digital, social.
* Write, Shoot, and Edit commercials, news and programming promos and station events.
* Create graphic design assets for marketing, news content and sales presentation needs.
* Create digital and social media marketing content on multiple platforms.
* Other duties as assigned. * Present fully realized campaigns during pitches
* Help to grow our news audience and engagement on all digital platforms
* Create contests and giveaways to drive tune in assigned programs.
Essential duties/responsibilities – As promotions manager you will also be responsible for exceptional video production, including writing, directing, cinematography, editing and a working knowledge of motion graphic design.
* Work with the unit’s writer/producers to create innovative and branded news, marketing materials for station on-air, station website; station social sites, and all other mobile platforms.
* Works with design director, graphics hub and Creative Services Director to create necessary news branding graphic elements for all station platforms.
* Works with Creative Services writer/producers to create innovative marketing messages for sweeps pieces and news events.
* Create news marketing social posts targeted to align with all on-air news promotional efforts.
* Works with CSD to manage news promotional ad avails on all digital – web/mobile and social media advertising – including YouTube and Google Ads.
* Work with Creative Services Director to organize branded social efforts by tracking goals, evaluating posts, and developing best practices.
* Work with Creative Services Director to educate producers in developing successful news promotion writing styles and innovative editing techniques.
* Track metrics and determine the success of content/coverage marketing programs.
* Work with Creative Services Director to organize/plan strategic community outreach for station.
* Perform all other marketing duties as assigned by station management.
Experience in innovative writing, editing, and producing branded content –
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Advanced video, photography, lighting, and audio pre / post production skills
* Skilled in the Adobe Creative Cloud with expert knowledge of Premiere and After Effects
* Strong understanding of marketing and advertising philosophy and techniques
* College degree or equivalent job experience in graphic design or video production
* Work well with staff and clients
Equipment/Software Used –
* Microsoft Office
* Adobe Creative Cloud programs – Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator
* Canon 4K HD – ENG based-cameras and DJI Ronin
* Advanced Production Lighting systems
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WBRC-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.