About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets, reaching 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. By upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and developing the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAFB, Louisiana's News Channel, is the market-leading, award-winning CBS affiliate in Baton Rouge. In the past five years, our talented team has received three National Edward R. Murrow Awards.
WAFB is seeking a hardworking and innovative Creative Services Producer. You will fulfill a variety of multimedia functions which include shooting and editing video, conceptualizing, and writing creative projects for commercial clients, station promotions, and other station projects. Candidate should have a strong eye for layout, and design, and truly enjoy creative thinking and visual problem-solving. We are seeking a team-oriented person who thrives while working with clients, including our News Department and Sales Departments.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Commercial and station promotion production, including shooting video, lighting, editing, and script writing.
* Build audience affinity for the WAFB News brand to grow an audience on broadcast, digital, and social platforms.
* Develop new and creative ideas to market clients, news, and programming.
* Responsible for all internal and external marketing messages and placement
* Aid in planning and execution of station events and serve as liaison with community organizations.
* Professional experience in creative, commercial, and/or promotional marketing.
* Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
* Strong knowledge of DSLR cinematography.
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external clients.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Collaborative worker aimed at helping clients achieve positive results.
* Savvy networker who can develop and maintain successful internal and external business relationships.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, and station call letters, or click on "apply now", and upload your cover letter, resume, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WAFB-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.