We at WFAA are looking for a Content Editor who can foster engaging content that lives up to our "Bold. Dynamic. Original." brand. The job involves fielding calls from the public, staying connected with local news and press releases, and organizing breaking news events for our operation. We need a self-starter who knows how to take initiative to plan, create, and execute coverage. This position is based in Dallas, TX.
• Discover and produce unique, local and engaging content daily and publish to multiple platforms in an organized manner
• Coordinate field crew assignments and communication
• React quickly to breaking news while maintaining calm and control on the desk
• Monitor a wide variety of public safety radio systems for breaking news. Must have knowledge of their operations, codes, and basic use
• Keeping track of big stories and potential follow ups
• Use multiple social media platforms to identify stories that will trend well with audiences
• Search and locate criminal and civil document systems to be distributed to news and digital producers
• Perform basic digital producing, including but not limited to, writing and publishing local content and breaking news to the station's website-drafting and publishing posts for the station's social media accounts
• Maintain knowledge on specific political, business, and other high-profile people in our area
• At times, assist with live shot, feed tuning using TVU, satellites
• Collaborate with other TEGNA stations, ABC, and affiliates to search trending content and publish compelling stories, photos and video from our corporate network across web, mobile and social media platforms
• 1-3 years industry experience preferred
• College degree or related job experience in lieu of degree acceptable
• Sound news judgment with the ability to work under tight deadlines and in stressful situations in a 24/7 newsroom
• Effective written and verbal communications, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
• Must have knowledge of public safety radio systems specifically their operations, codes, and basic use
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.