Our team is seeking a Chief Engineer to oversee all engineering functions of the station. A qualified candidate will coordinate or perform maintenance of computer and broadcast equipment of the television broadcasting station.
WUTV is looking for a Chief Engineer!
- Oversee all engineering functions of the station, including, planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
- Manage training and hiring processes for engineering staff
- Supervise maintenance of computer software, hardware, and local area network applications
- Ensure software license compliance and all software versions are up to date
- Supervise preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting of broadcast electronical equipment, including but not limited to, cameras, audio and video equipment, microwave transmitters and receivers, satellite receivers, and computing equipment
- Supervise and/or perform transmitter maintenance
- Work with Corporate leadership to ensure security and FCC compliance
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in broadcast electrical system and equipment maintenance
- Experience training and managing technicians with a positive and constructive attitude
- Proficiency in evaluating, troubleshooting, installing, and maintaining broadcast equipment and IT systems
- Dedication to quality and time management while upholding to all FCC regulations
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- Ability to work on ladders, stand for long periods of time, and lift computers or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Technical degree in electronics or a related field, or an equivalent of work and educational experience
- SBE certification and A+ certification is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The base salary compensation range for this role is $100,000 to $117,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates’ relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group