About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Over 60+ years, KTUU-TV has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska’s most-watched news source, producing 32 hours of news and sports content each week. The award-winning sales and marketing team is trusted by Alaska’s largest businesses and organizations to provide the most efficient and effective means to reach their customers. KTUU-TV invests heavily in innovation and training, on and off the screen, and provides a best-in-market digital product suite to pair with broadcast television.
Channel 2 and CBS 5 are committed to providing news and entertainment to the consumer, wherever and whenever they prefer to view it, on-air, on the web, apps, podcasts, and streaming sources. The station manages 10 broadcast streams with 8 available for local insertion, including NBC and CBS in Anchorage and Southeast Alaska. That distribution is extended by a simulcast of news on KFQD radio in Anchorage, streaming apps statewide, and programming to over 240 communities in Alaska via the Alaska Rural Communications System (ARCS), rural cable systems, and satellite system delivery.
Business Development Account Executives at KTUU-TV work in a fast-paced environment where connection with new clients is of the utmost importance. AE’s meet with local business leaders to solve their marketing problems through use of Alaska’s most-watched television stations and a suite of premium digital advertising options. Successful AE’s are positively energized professionals who have meaningful business conversations with Alaska’s most influential marketers and business leaders.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Use creativity and connection to develop relationships with local business managers
• Build winning campaign ideas specific to each client or need
• Author business agreements and negotiate terms with local business leaders
• Seek out and win the business of new advertisers through successful marketing of self and the KTUU-TV brand
• Quarterback execution of plans through interdepartmental coordination on video production and cutting-edge digital products
• Use research and current events to uncover new opportunities for your clients
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
• Other duties as assigned
• KTUU-TV will train. High-energy and social personality required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related degree is preferred
• Microsoft Office experience is required
• Ability to get along with others and maintain positive interdepartmental relationships
• Negotiation skills are required
• Valid Alaska driver is license required; must be insurable
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.