Audacy Minnesota’s WCCO-AM is searching for a Broadcast Journalist and experienced news anchor. Are you a curious and savvy journalist with a positive attitude and impressive work ethic – ready to help work with one of the upper Midwest’s most-trusted newsrooms? You must be a great writer, have a compelling on air delivery, be a proficient news gatherer – using a variety of sources – and be comfortable with audio and video editing equipment and programs. You will be expected to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced Newsroom and field environment. We are seeking a broadcast journalist with significant experience as an on-air anchor with the ability to contribute off-script to live talk shows. You will be expected to actively participate on various social media channels and contribute content to the station website (wccoradio.com).
What You'll Do:
- Anchor multi-hour shifts on News-Talk station.
- Produce and record news stories.
- Gather, write, record, edit and deliver content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- Interview newsmakers.
- Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories.
- Develop and research potential stories.
- Ability to write and post stories to the website and social media.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Must be available early mornings, nights, weekends as necessary.
Required & Preferred:
- Minimum of 3 years anchoring and reporting news/sports for broadcast media.
- Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews.
- Must possess contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery.
- Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics.
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/