About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
13 News is a Gray Television station and the CBS affiliate in Tucson, Arizona. We’re celebrating our 70th year on television! We are the best local television station in Southern Arizona and the #1 digital platform. We are committed to the highest standards of excellence in our local news, entertainment, information, and public service programming. Our crew of dedicated journalists serves all of Southern Arizona. The station is located near Cortaro Farms Road and I-10 in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson is the 64th largest television market in the United States. The spirit of innovation has always been with the station. KOLD became the first television station in Tucson. We produce 62 hours of live, televised newscasts per week between KOLD and our shared services partner, KMSB Fox 11.
If you’ve never been to Tucson, let us tell you all the things you’ll love: Plentiful sunshine, natural beauty, diverse culture, active lifestyles, great food, hundreds of miles of hiking trails, breathtaking views, unforgettable sunsets, challenging biking trails, community events, accessible natural locations for all ages… it would have been quicker for us to just say you’ll love it all.
KOLD in Tucson Arizona is seeking a Broadcast/IT Engineer to elevate themselves and our team. The successful candidate will bring technical aptitude and creative problem-solving skills to a team that services and maintains user workstations, servers, cameras, remote transmitter sites, and live news production equipment.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Support engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio equipment, post-editing systems, field production, and transmission of live/recorded events & programs
• Foster knowledge regarding broadcast equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in and assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, updates, and patching, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Assist with team-based projects as well as working independently.
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience preferred.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or similar certification is preferred but, is not required.
• Previous working experience in Engineering is preferred.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high-pressure situations.
• Familiarity of professional video photography equipment and techniques.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
• Highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and communicates effectively in a professional demeanor.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KVVU-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.