We are a Broadcast Television station searching for an exceptional Broadcast Engineer/IT Technician to join our Engineering Staff in a temporary capacity.
The Broadcast IT Technician is responsible for the day-to-day hands-on maintenance of the technical infrastructure at KWES-tv NewsWest 9 Main Studio and other remote facilities as needed. The position is responsible for assisting with integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems and reports to the Head of Technology. The position will support broadcast-centric needs as defined on a day to day basis by working alongside other engineers in developing and maintaining Broadcast Facilities and Mobile Unit systems and operations.
The Successful Candidate Will:
Possess a strong ability to improve the efficiency of operations, decrease turnaround times to fulfill requests, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and with all University departments to provide exemplary customer service and results.
· Ability to work well with tight schedules and in high-pressure environments.
Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure broadcast systems operation.
Collaborate with other departments and divisions to provide appropriate technical support for the planning and execution of broadcasts, productions and other projects.
· Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems, software, and equipment.
· Maintain, upgrade, and support broadcast Information Technology throughout the stations including the studio and transmitter facilities.
· Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security, and virus protection. Assist in broadcast technology installation and maintenance. Not excluding building maintenance requirements.
· Have experience with or knowledge of LAN and WAN computing environment. Support IT and Engineering in the day to day project needs
· Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production, and workstation products.
· Willing to train on IT and Broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment.
· Be available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays.
· Have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
· Other duties as directed.
· Must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, and be a self-starter and a team player that is focused on quality customer service for internal customers.
· Work closely with the Technology Manager (TM), Engineering Supervisor, and with corporate IT support. She/He will effectively communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects and offer solutions to technical issues.
Self-motivated with broadcast operations and engineering skills.
· Solid understanding of current computer hardware, network technologies.
· Familiarity with troubleshooting video, audio, and IT systems.
· Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems is a plus.
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical end users.
· Experience with electrical systems and an understanding of electricity and associated materials and tools.
· Knowledge of digital and HD video and audio related television technology for Studio and Remote production, nonlinear video editing, and transmission systems.
· Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.