About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WSMV 4 is Nashville’s NBC affiliate and Middle Tennessee’s first television station. Owned by Gray Television, WSMV 4 broadcasts 53 hours of live, local news each week, more than any other station in Nashville, and has been recognized with numerous awards including an Edward R. Murrow Award for continuing coverage of the 2021 Waverly Floods. WSMV is also the home of Nashville’s Certified Most Accurate First Alert Forecast for 3 years running (certified by WeatherRate). Visit http://www.WSMV.com for more.
A Broadcast Engineer is responsible for day-to-day hands-on maintenance of the technical infrastructure supporting all live and recorded programming and post-production at WSMV. Performs quality control measurements to ensure proper video and audio quality is maintained for broadcast and assist local production team needs. Day-to-day troubleshooting, maintaining, and installing studio and editing equipment. The Engineer interacts daily with production staff and will be responsible for following all WSMV and FCC standards and guidelines. Must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, be a self-starter, and be a team player who is focused on quality customer service for internal employees.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Support engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post-editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/recorded events & programs
• Have knowledge regarding broadcast equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in and assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts – corrects and documents technical problems
• Assist with implementing Engineering projects
• Maintains building needs
• Have a working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
• Familiar with networking and IP addressing
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates
• Display and maintain a professional appearance, based on station standards and a professional demeanor
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience preferred.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or similar certification is preferred but, is not required.
• Previous working experience in engineering is preferred.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high-pressure situations.
• Knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Must be able to work varying hours and weekends
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and focused individual traits
Come join our dynamic sales team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references.
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WSMV-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.