KIII, the TEGNA ABC affiliate in Corpus Christi, Texas, is looking for a Broadcast Director to join our team. This person is responsible for technical directing newscasts and other locally produced content using a Sony video switcher, Chyron graphics, BIT Central video servers, V-MIX digital video mixer and video/still store. The Broadcast Director will work closely with producers and other members of the news team to prepare and execute newscasts that are clean and innovative with visually appealing content that meets the goals established by management.
• Video switch and call show cues for newscasts.
• Provide newscast production assistance on audio console, studio floor duty, video editing and graphics production as scheduled.
• Production assistance on weekly 90-minute talk/entertainment show and other station special events.
• 1 to 3 years of experience working in broadcast television on newscast production with an understanding of the technology and equipment.
• Excellent team player with good communication skills and a working knowledge of broadcast switcher, router system, video servers, audio console and studio camera.
• Ability to work confidently and make quick decisions under pressure.
• Maintain high quality of newscast production with ability to identify and correct potential problems before air.
• Manual dexterity to direct newscasts with switcher, video server, Chryon graphics and still store.
• Adobe Premier edit software ability is expected and knowledge of AP-ENPS, Edius, BitCentral, BTI graphics and V-MIX platforms a plus.
• Adapt and embrace change in a constantly functioning news operation with ability to work a flexible schedule on night, early morning, holiday and weekend shifts.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.