WFMY News 2, The TEGNA CBS affiliate in Greensboro, NC is looking for a Broadcast Director. The person filling this role will be tasked with directing live newscasts and other productions using Sony ELC Production Automation. We are seeking an individual who can execute transformation and growth of our visual product in the ever-changing world of live local news. This position is responsible for coding and punching our locally produced content. The director works closely with news producers to deliver compelling and clean products to our viewers. The ideal candidate will be required to provide technical support for live production and assist with occasional remote productions. We are looking for someone to bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table and to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
• Ability to adapt and quickly change on the fly for breaking news and unexpected special events.
• Knowledge and experience with operation and understanding of studio cameras, production switchers, video routers and audio consoles and automation, intercom and graphics systems
• Efficiency with ENPS, Bitcentral, Chyron, Chyron ISQ, and ELC Automation
• Execute live productions across multiple platforms.
• Ability to work with a team of people to achieve clean newscasts.
• Have high attention to detail to find and correct problems before they hit the air.
• Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. May require mornings, nights, weekends and holidays (Schedule is TBD).
1 – 3 years
• College degree preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills required
• Ability to lift and operate handheld and studio cameras weighing 26+lbs.
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.