WMAZ-TV in Macon, GA is looking for a candidate for a full-time Assistant Director position. The person in this position will work in the control room to train and direct newscasts. When not directing, the person will operate audio and cameras for newscasts and perform other duties to support station productions.
• Train to independently direct newscasts
• Direct remote productions or operate cameras for remote productions
• Operate audio board and cameras during newscasts
• Shoot video or assist in the production of live shots as needed
• Edit materials related to news content, advertising and marketing
• Perform other duties as assigned
• College degree or applicable work experience preferred
• Familiarity with production procedures and broadcast equipment
• Must be able to work mornings, nights, weekends, and/or holidays
• Must be on time and ready to work as required
• Must be dependable, organized and able to perform quickly under the pressure of live television production
• Ability to positively collaborate with coworkers
• Able to learn and adapt to new technologies including IT based video production and broadcast systems
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.