Job Description and Responsibilities
WTIC/ WCCT-TV in Hartford is looking for a candidate for a full-time Assistant Director candidate. This position requires full knowledge of the television studio, which includes, but isn’t limited to, lighting, floor directing, robotics, and shading cameras.
- This person will be working in the studio and in the control room to assist Directors with coding shows and double-checking codes during newscasts and breaking news.
- This candidate will fill in for main directors when they are sick or on vacation.
- Directors will work with the assistant director to help coach candidate into a possible role of main Director in the future.
1 – 3 years
- 4-year college degree
- 1-2 years of directing experience
- Automation experience preferred
- Must be able to work mornings, nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.