It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Assignments Editor answers incoming news calls and assigns daily news stories according to the news personnel available.
- Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups
- Dispatches photographers, reporters and other personnel to cover stories
- Coordinates logistics for news personnel
- Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories and works with the News Director to develop plans for all broadcasts
- Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories
- Edits video clips as assigned
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum two years’ experience in news operations
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar