Entravision is a leading global advertising, media and ad-tech solutions company connecting brands to consumers by representing top platforms and publishers. Our service portfolio enables high-performance campaigns while using highly competitive audience reach, cutting-edge mobile programmatic solutions, machine-learned bidding algorithms and demand-side platforms on a global scale.
In the US, Entravision is a leader in Hispanic marketing & media solutions serving both local and national Clients for more than 25 years. Our unique portfolio includes primarily Spanish language TV & Radio broadcast assets across 35 markets, an exclusive audio network & streaming platform, and a robust mix of curated digital & social media content solutions. We are seeking an Assignment Editor for our Las Vegas market.
This is a Full Time position. Actual schedule and hours may vary. Must have flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, willingness to work long hours, on weekends, and holidays with short notice.
The successful candidate will assist in the efficient operation of the assignments desk. He/she will assist in the production of newscasts, and when required, will produce shows. Responsibilities include: Coordinate interviews and logistics for field crews, facilitate the news gathering process and ensure comprehensive coverage of all news stories across all platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital, and web.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating interviews and logistics for field crews.
- Facilitating the news gathering process and ensure comprehensive coverage of all news stories .across all platforms, including but not limited to broadcast, digital, and web.
- Participating in editorial meetings.
- Developing enterprise story ideas consistent with the news brand.
- Cultivating contacts important to news coverage in the market, including law enforcement.
- Monitoring police and emergency scanners and electronic/printed sources for news and disseminates the information to appropriate newsroom personnel.
- Cooperating with and supporting news and online platforms as assigned.
- Producing newscast when required.
- Experience in the market and familiarity with the region’s audience and communities.
- Experience using online and social media resources as news researching tools.
- Experience with newsroom computer applications.
- College degree preferred
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Solid news judgement
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, act decisively and successfully.
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment.
- Basic understanding and demonstration of solid editorial judgement and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander, and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
- Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology.
- Work well in a team environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit: https://entravision.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=3694&site=1