FOX43 WPMT is searching for a Digital Desk Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for what local news can and should be on broadcast, digital, social, streaming and audio platforms. This position is part of a team that manages newsroom assignments and oversees the development of stories across all platforms. You will be responsible for selecting, developing and planning daily reporting assignments to be covered by our team of journalists. This includes fielding calls from the public, staying connected with local news in our communities through emails and news releases and responding to breaking news. The job also involves publishing breaking news, producing engaging digital content, and posting to station social media accounts.
- Discover and produce unique, local and engaging content daily and publish to multiple platforms in an organized manner
- React quickly to breaking news and move crews effectively
- Participate in editorial meetings and conversations, including pitching stories
- Review and respond to news releases, news tips, emails, user generated content and social media messages to identify unique, local and engaging content
- Social listening: monitor social media for breaking news, find interesting stories, track trends and report findings to newsroom
- Monitor a wide variety of scanners, local news outlets and USG/Social Media for breaking news
- Perform basic digital producing, including but not limited to, writing and publishing local content and breaking news to the station's website-drafting and publishing posts for the station's social media accounts
- Ensure content grammar and AP Style is seamless, including copy editing, ensuring headlines are maximized for readability and sharing and upholding copyright and usage standards
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum: one year of experience as a digital producer, writer or assignment editor preferred
- Sound news judgment with the ability to work under tight deadlines and in stressful situations in a 24/7 newsroom
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Strong AP writing and editing skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend and holiday shifts
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.