KBMT 12News (ABC/NBC Beaumont, Texas) is hunting for our next dynamic journalist to lead our weekend coverage. The ideal candidate for this position can expect to produce and anchor all weekend evening shows while reporting 3 days a week. The reporting and anchoring will both require establishing sources, pitching unique story ideas, strong writing and news judgement skills
You’ll also be required to engage with the community both through your social media accounts and at community outreach events.
A little about this market. It’s busy. This is a perfect market to cut your teeth on breaking news, weather coverage and the growth of a community. There’s a lot to cover here. We train our staff to support one another no matter their job description. We have a fun newsroom but know how to pull the trigger on outstanding news coverage when big events happen.
• Anchor newscasts and report as assigned
• Generate unique, compelling and innovative story and show ideas and content for all platforms
• Have strong, captivating and authentic writing style
• Be able to shoot, write and edit packages
• Present news in a conversational, engaging way and be able to adlib with professionalism and accuracy
• Work as a member of a team to create fast-paced and informative content
• Have an excellent grasp of social media for news gathering and distribution and for community engagement
• Cultivate diverse sources and contacts within the community
• Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis, including images, packages, articles and social media posts
• Degree in journalism or mass communications
• Past anchoring and MSJ/MMJ experience preferred
• Strong journalistic ethics
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and with a flexible schedule
• Be able to manage both long-term and short-term projects
• Experience with ENPS and Edius a plus
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.