About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Named 2021 Station of the year by the Massachusetts Broadcasters Association, Western Mass News is a licensed television station in Springfield, Massachusetts, and serves the Pioneer Valley. The networks of Western Mass News include ABC 40, Fox 6 and CBS 3.
Western Mass News is looking for a Weekday evening anchor who is engaging and also loves reporting. This position is a newsroom leader who serves as a co-anchor for our 4pm, 5pm, and 6pm newscasts, and also is a key member of our award winning investigative reporting team.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Serve as a primary anchor for our early evening newscasts (4pm – 6:30pm)
– Responsible for weekly in-depth stories, from idea, to coordinating interviews, to writing
– Will also be tasked with daily stories to air in the evening newscasts
– Represent Western Mass News at area events
– Perform other duties as assigned by management
Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
– Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field
– Shows leadership abilities, to help guide other reporters
– Good writing skills
– Good communication skills
– Solid news judgment
– A consistent track record of meeting deadlines
– Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
– Familiarity with ENPS is a plus
– You MUST provide a link to your resume reel
– Pre-employment MVR check will be run
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume, and references