About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Telemundo Atlanta is a premier Spanish-language television station providing award-winning local news and programming. Telemundo Atlanta is available to the Atlanta DMA on a million watts full power over-the-air signal on channel 47.1. Telemundo Atlanta has received 61 Emmy® Awards since 2012, including the top honor of Station Excellence in 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017 and News Excellence in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Telemundo Atlanta was nominated for Best Newscast and News Excellence in 2020. Telemundo Atlanta is the first Spanish-language television station to receive the coveted Overall Station Excellence recognition in Georgia. Telemundo Atlanta produces essential daily local news, which can also be accessed over our website http://www.telemundoatlanta.com and mobile application.
Telemundo Atlanta (WKTB) is looking for a bilingual Anchor/Producer to join their award-winning news team. The ideal candidate will be dynamic on and off-air and possess an innate desire to inform and empower the community. Candidate must be able to write, produce and present news for live local newscasts and digital platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• To write and produce the Daily Newscasts M-F (5:30p – 6:30p, 11p currently; can expand to daytime news)
• Co-Anchor/Anchor Daily; Fill-in anchor as needed
• Write scripts, create elements, dictate story placement/flow for newscasts and digital platforms
• Gather, shoot, edit, write, and present story content in an accurate and unbiased manner
• Produce up to 2 packages a week; Strong shooting/ editing experience as a one man band required
• Live Hits/Updates from OTT Desk with Breaking News / Daily News Updates
• Collaborate with News Director, Reporters, Editors, Producers for daily newscasts and specials
• Use social media channels to build following/audience
• Work well under pressure and deadlines
• Develop trust and contacts within the community
• Possess integrity and credibility as a journalist
• Pitch stories and investigative stories
• Write/Upload stories for online and digital mediums
• Produce Specials with news team as needed (i.e. HB 87 Special, Election, etc.)
• Attend and represent Telemundo Atlanta at Hispanic events on behalf of station as needed
• Emcee/Host Community Event and Station Signature events
• Attend/Participate in station-sponsored events and all assigned special promotions
• B.A. or B.S. Degree preferably in journalism or English or equivalent experience
• Experienced in linear editing software (i.e. Premiere Pro, CS, Final Cut)
• Proficient in English and Spanish, both written and verbal
• At least 2 years of experience in television news reporting in top 50 Hispanic market
• Experience producing newscasts a plus
• Good attitude and team player
• Strong on-air presentation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Good driving record
• Flexible work schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
• Solid editorial judgment and journalistic ethics
• Ability to comfortably ad-lib on camera
• Strong news judgment and research skills
• Ability to demonstrate strong social media following in previous jobs
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WKTB-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.