KWES-TV, NewsWest 9 in Midland/Odessa, Texas is looking for an energetic and involved anchor/MSJ to help lead our news team. We’re looking for someone who wants to anchor where there is freedom to show-and-tell in an innovative studio. NewsWest 9 anchor/MSJ’s communicate conversationally on the desk, work collaboratively with digital content producers, are excellent storytellers, and have top-notch interviewing skills. The ideal candidate will collaborate with the team for the most comprehensive breaking news coverage in the market. We want someone who can embrace the West Texas community and win local news coverage.
- Anchor weekend newscasts and fill-in during the week as assigned
- Generate unique, compelling and innovative story ideas and content
- Have excellent, creative presentation and writing skills
- Have excellent knowledge of social media for news gathering and community engagement
- Cultivate sources
- Contribute to social media, and create a dialog with the audience
- Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, and compelling stories
- Develop contacts and relationships in the community
- Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred
- Two-years of experience preferred
- Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib
- Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills
- Ability to shoot and edit
- Knowledge of ENPS and producing is a plus
- Knowledge of Edius is a plus
- Must be able to report and do live shots with good on-air presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Strong social media presence
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.