Job Description and Responsibilities
WGRZ is looking for a dynamic anchor to elevate our 4pm news hour to the next level. The ideal candidate is a multi-faceted team player who possesses a positive attitude and strong desire to celebrate the stories that make Western New York a great place to live. Previous news anchoring experience preferred. Must be able to handle live breaking news and fill-in on other newscasts as assigned.
- The successful journalist will anchor and report on air
- This person is someone deeply committed to local news who regularly breaks stories in their market and gets noticed
- Deliver on-air news reports in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Enterprise compelling content that is engaging and can drive an audience to watch
- Ability to shoot, write and edit content for air as a multi-skilled journalist
7 – 10 years
- Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with five years of experience as an anchor/reporter in a medium to large market.
- Possess a clear understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad lib.
- Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
- Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills.
- Must have skills to shoot, write, and edit content for air as multiskilled journalist.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Budgeted Compensation Range: 90,000
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.