WMBD (CBS)/WYZZ (FOX through an outsourcing agreement with Cunningham Broadcasting, Inc.) is looking for our next Anchor/Reporter for weekday evenings.
Join the many faces of the station that is Central Illinois Proud. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for their first anchoring opportunity. You’ll take on the primary anchoring duties for WMBD News at 4 and WYZZ News at 5:30.
This is not just an anchoring role. Ideal candidates have a strong, vibrant personality, with a drive to develop and deliver reports each weeknight as the lead reporter on WYZZ News at Nine and WMBD News at 10.
What you’ll do:
- Produce and present news reports for all platforms
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily.
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, determine angle or emphasis, and write stories according to our editorial style and format standards.
- Gather and verify information regarding stories through interviews, observation, and research.
- Build a network of sources who supply information that allows us to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Television anchoring or reporting experience preferred.
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear pronunciation
- Strong reporting skills
- An understanding of the importance of social media
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and organizational skills
- Promote teamwork and maintain an attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
- Operate newsroom computer systems, including AP ENPS, BitCentral, and XPression.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar