North Alabama's News Leader, WHNT News 19 in Huntsville, Alabama is looking for a seasoned journalist to co-anchor the weekday evening newscasts. This is a rare opportunity to join the anchor desk in the community voted the second-best place to live in the United States by U.S. News & World Report 2023-2024 ranking. The city's thriving job market, low cost of living and high quality of life are some of the reasons for the top ranking. We’re looking for someone with a polished on-air presence and a newsroom leader. The Weekday Evening Anchor must present content in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers. Applicant must include a link to on-air work as an anchor, with the application.
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Produces content on a regular basis.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, script approval.
- Field anchors as assigned.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Minimum five years’ experience in news reporting or anchoring.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Superior on-air presence
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, news makers and issues.
- Ability to identify the development needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar