5NEWS is looking for a talented and experienced anchor to help lead its newsroom. We are not just looking for a lead anchor, we're looking for someone to welcome the challenge of becoming the face of the #1 station in one the fastest growing areas in the country. In this role, you'll be responsible for anchoring our evening newscasts. You will also be expected to take a leadership role in the newsroom with a sound editorial voice and a passion to make our product the best it can be.
We need an anchor to help add to the KFSM legacy, inspire change in our community and work with the best news team in Northwest Arkansas.
The successful candidate is a team player and newsroom leader with excellent interviewing and writing skills, and proven ability to skillfully ad lib in any live situation. The 5NEWS newsroom wants someone that works as a team, who continues to contribute to the positive newsroom environment.
- Anchor newscasts and report on important local stories affecting the community.
- Generate unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
- Skillfully and calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Ability to communicate stories in conversational manner.
- Deliver stories that offer unique and interesting perspective.
- Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement.
- Cultivate sources and enterprise lead worthy reports.
- Community and/or talent appearances.
- Perform other tasks as required by management.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- Ability to take leadership role in newscast production with strong news judgment
- Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with five years of experience as an anchor/reporter.
- Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib.
- Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
- Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Strong social media presence.
- Shooting and editing skills a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY